Gas Clip Technologies is looking for a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
candidate to work in our research and development department.
The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or
electrical engineering with a hardware focus.
The candidate should also have at least five years’ experience
in a mechanical or electrical engineering role or equivalent
discipline with a focus on firmware and/or embedded systems development.
Other Engineering disciplines can also apply if they have the skills in the following list.
The candidate should have some proficiency in at least some, but not necessarily all, of the following
- Hazardous location product certification
- Intrinsically safe design principles
- C programming for firmware development
- C Sharp (C#) programming for software development
- PCB creation including schematic capture, layout, and design
- Ability to read, understand, and modify existing electrical engineering schematics
- Microcontroller programming experience (Atmel, Pic, ARM, etc.)
- Understanding of microelectronic communications schemes such as RS-232, I2C, and Ethernet
- Ability to review datasheets and qualify alternate components
- Mechanical CAD drawing updates in SolidWorks
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, Logic Analyzers
This is a full-time position at our office in Cedar Hill, Texas. This is a very hands-on position. The
will be working with all our products and will be involved in tasks from concept/design through
manufacturing/production. Tasks will include creating and/or adhering to a statement of requirements,
and maintaining BOMs, bug reporting and tracking in compliance with ISO-9001 standards, PCB layout and
and maintenance of product datasheets.
Additionally, the candidate will be expected to participate in other engineering activities related to Gas
Clip’s research and development department. These tasks will include testing gas sensors, recording and
interpreting data, and potentially making firmware changes based on test results. No previous experience in
detection is required, but this will be a regular reoccurring part of this position.
Gas Clip Technologies designs portable personal gas monitors for the protection of those who work in confined
spaces (Examples include Oil drilling sites, mining, or municipal water systems). For more information about
business please visit our website at www.gascliptech.com.
Serious applicants should review the detector and dock units on the company website.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday