Will perform assigned duties within Accounting including, Credit Applications for goods and services offered, invoicing, accuracy of sales orders.
- Processes Credit Applications from domestic and international customers for initial review by the Accounting Lead.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits to customers; and coordinates with inventory.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Accounting Lead and other staff.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and QuickBooks.
- Strong attention to detail, good listening and organizational skills, the ability and desire to follow directions carefully.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both customers and employees, in a professional manner, through multiple mediums (email, phone, in person, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of related experience and/or training required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.li>
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged period sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Due to noise exposure, hearing protection may be required.